Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cruisin...at 7 months!


If there is such a thing as a baby prison I think we may have created it. Will is now officially enclosed by baby gates all over the house. The living room and his room are free range, but the kitchen, our bedroom and the entryway are all off limits! It is a little strange maneuvering through the house now since we have so many barriers. We found a gate at Target though that swings open allowing me to walk through rather than jumping the high hurdles every time I need to get into the kitchen. We also found an umbrella stroller today that we are both happy with, the handles on most umbrella strollers are very low, causing back pain for both Jason and I. This one has higher handles and reclines a bit which is a nice feature. I worked this morning but got off at noon so we had lots of family fun today. Will is currently enjoying 3 games. One is called Monster, in which you chase after him crawling and roaring like a monster. He loves it! The next is good old peekaboo, or sometimes called "Where's Mommy?" He is thrilled when he pulls the blanket off my head and finds me underneath. The last is called "Baby Seal". After his nightly bath Jason kneels at the side of our bed and Will repeatedly slides himself off head first into Daddy's arms. He laughs and laughs and I worry and worry! Will is now able to pull up anywhere and can transfer from one piece of furniture to the other as long as he can reach with one hand across. We have had lots of bumps and bruises but he is improving by the day. He is officially cruising now which amazes me, he is 7 MONTHS tomorrow. I can't believe how fast time has gone!

2 comments:

Little Blessings said...

So sweet! I can't believe how fast time has gone either. It is hard to believe but it only speeds up from her on out. He will be walking so soon in the future. Good luck with the barriers. When we have ours up I like to pretend it is an obstacle course and it counts as a workout. LOL

Kelly said...

I hadn't thought of that! I will think of it like doing high leg lifts all day, thus building muscle. I just wish my legs weren't so short, it was hard to find gates short enough to get over.