Tuesday, April 29, 2008

William the Conqueror (of our hearts!)








Will is changing so much and very quickly. He smiles frequently, and is making lots of sounds. He is now holding his head up for longer periods of time on his stomach too. We have been having very rough evenings though. He seems to start a fussy period at about 4 or 5 pm and keep it going till around midnight. I am seriously considering doing "Sleep Training" in about 4 more weeks. He is 8 weeks tomorrow, and will be 2 months on the 5th! We have had a quiet couple of days. I called to check on my job applications today. It is hard to find places that will let you work 1 or 2 shifts a week. I am confident that I will get the job I applied for, I never get turned down. It will be good to return to work for a few hours here and there. It will give Jason and Will a great opportunity to bond and for Jason to appreciate what it takes every day. (He is very sweet and understanding already though.) I bravely took a bath with the baby tonight, fearing the whole time that he would poop in the tub. He didn't. Instead he greatly enjoyed himself as usual, and smiled quite a bit. He did pee pee on a towel though. More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Little Blessings said...

I love first baby smiles. They are awesome. I totally understand about the rough evening bit. Not that I have any advice other than to hang on, it doesn't last forever. All my kids have gone through it and each time I determinedly keep them awake until bedtime because I have fond wishes for more sleep at night and an easy time getting them to sleep. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Eventually they just get used to the whole bedtime routine though.