Friday, April 4, 2008

Random Tasks and Surgery Update


Farmer Will in his overalls.

Today we ran errands and I got the dishwasher emptied and reloaded before 2 pm! Amazing. I went to the consignment shop and found some great clothes in the 1 dollar bin. I also got a couple board books that a little boy will like. Tomorrow Grandpa is coming to visit. It would be nicer if Grandma Jeanie was coming too. I feel bad that she isn't seeing Will. We picked up Jason after work and braved Costco. We got all the stuff we needed and got out of there as soon as possible. I was able to give Will an entire feeding while standing in line! Most people around here seem okay with me breastfeeding in public. I am very discreet, so I don't think most people realize what I am doing. I did get some flack from the security guards at the Smithsonian the other day who kept asking me if I would like to go to some back area so I could have privacy. I could tell they were far more uncomfortable than I was. I politely told them no repeatedly and then went and nursed outside. Ugh! I havent started using my cloth diapers yet, Will is still too small, but I am using the cloth diaper wipes and I love them! They work so well and come out great in the wash. I only use one or two where with disposable wipes I used four to six. One small way to help Mother Nature. As for the latest on the upcoming surgery it is scheduled for April 14th, I don't have a time yet, they will let me know later. I really like this surgeon, but I can't imagine how I will be able to hand my sweet little baby over to someone who will CUT him.....though I guess that is what I did for the circumsicion. I am mostly just nervous for the general anesthesia. The next week will be very hard, just dreading it. I will be SO glad when it is over.

3 comments:

Little Blessings said...

Well done on an unloading of the dishwasher. Some days just that is enough to make me feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Best of luck on Will's surgery. I am sure that it will all go fine although, I have no real clue what it is for because you never finished your story about your hospital stay. I am sure all those close to you know but for me your loyal blog reader I am a bit in the dark. Not that you have to share, just thought I would mention it though. :)

Kelly said...

Oh, Sorry. He was born with a mass on his side, right over the liver. It doesn't seem to bother him, but rather than biopsy it to see if it needs to be removed, they will just remove it. Hopefully it will be nothing, but the LEAD Pediatric Surgeon and Children's National Medical Center said he had never seen anything quite like it in his career! Not reassuring!

Little Blessings said...

Very well, my curiosity has been fulfilled! I will be keeping your little guy in my prayers as his surgery approaches!