Monday, August 31, 2009

A Day of Loose Ends...

What a day! This morning after we came home I put William down for a nap. He slept well and then woke up and ate lunch. After that I let him down to play and went about my business doing little chores and talking on the phone to my Mom. I thought I smelled something, but I wasn't sure, then I looked over at William and saw it!!! He had a river of greenish brown goo running down his leg and a little trail going across the carpet behind him. I quickly said goodbye to Mom, lifted William gingerly and carried him straight to the tub! I stripped him down and hosed him off and then filled the tub and let him play. While he was busy I used my FANTASTIC Little Green Clean Machine to clean up the trail he left behind. He seemed to be feeling fine after that and we had plans to go over to Solon and Andrea's for a Birthday dinner for her Dad, so I packed a bag and headed off to pick up Jason. We made it to Virginia in record time considering it was during rush hour, and we enjoyed a nice couple of hours of food and chatting. Then, it was time to cut the cake. As Solon set it up I was sitting on the couch feeding Will a bottle, I should have known something was up because he took it out of his mouth and turned around to face me. He then let out a geyser of vomit that Old Faithful itself couldn't rival! I was COVERED! It was warm, sticky and horrible. Will was clean, and so was the couch. He was an expert marksman. It was all on me. I made it to the bathroom and then Jason and I discussed what in the world to do next. Thankfully I had my sweatshirt jacket but I had no idea what to do for pants....no one there was remotely close to my size. Then dear Andrea came through, she had a huge fabric wrap skirt she had brought back from Africa and it fit fine! Thank goodness! At that point I didn't really care how I looked, I just wanted to get home without being arrested for indecent exposure! After that we quickly packed up and got home. Will slept all the way home and I have a feeling we are in for a long day tomorrow, but at least I will have clean clothes to put on this time!

4 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

maybe bringing mom clothes instead of baby clothes in the to go bag is the better solution ;)

Kelly said...

I was thinking of putting some in a bag in the car...might be better than wearing an African skirt home!

Little Blessings said...

I am really hoping you have a better day today!

Kelly said...

Thanks! It really has to be...yesterday was about as bad as it gets!