Friday, March 21, 2008

Tales from the boob

Will is overstimulated by his Stim-mobile
Will sleeping in his actual crib with Auntie Bridget's blanket.



Last night I realized why so many women stop breastfeeding. It was 2:30, Will had gone to sleep for the night at midnight. He woke up hungry and yet wouldn't latch once again. For about 15 min we struggled together and then he finally latched for 5 minutes. Then refused to latch again for an additional 10. I never did get him to feed well. I finally handed him over to Jason who gave him his supplement bottle and put him back to sleep. When he does this I completely understand how women that are not totally gung-ho on nursing end up stopping. Thankfully the sun rose again and today we are back to normal.






1 comment:

Little Blessings said...

I feel for you! I had one of those moments as well when I was nursing Andrew. He had an improper suck when he was born and let's just say I was blistered and bloody and leave it at that. It corrected itself in a couple of weeks but the white hot fire that I lived through until he got it figured out made me realize how determined I was to make it work! (Hmmmmm.... channeling Tim Gunn there?)