Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Football and Henry's Dirty Deeds...

Saturday the Gang let Jason and I spend an few hours alone, and go to our Football game.  The game ended in a tie, but we had quite an education in England's fan vocabulary, and I was fascinated with the interesting foods at the concession stand.  Beef broth?  Seriously?  I just can't imagine American's going for that...

Sunday, after Church we headed to Kirkstall Abbey.  It was built in the 1100's but ruined by the reformation by King Henry the 8th.  Jackass...

See that peak on the left there?  Well, for a moment, I realized that I couldn't find William, and he had been right by me just moments before.  I looked around panicked and called his name and I heard "I'm up here! On my pyramid!"  I looked up and there he was.  I just about died.  The wall is pretty thick, but he was really high up.  I talked him down slowly, and finally breathed again when he was back on the ground!

I love the scale of this picture.  Charlie looks so tiny against these huge columns...

Will got all decked out in Crusade gear from the gift shop.  He got a sword and shield at the Armory so he was all prepared for battle!



The boys completed the day by running themselves ragged in the yard back at the cottage...
I can't explain how amazing it was to watch my boys climbing around on such old ruins.  I am so glad that William will be old enough to remember it!

No comments: