Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Inauguration Plans

All right. I am just about ready to face the crowds and take on the freezing temps. Ann and I are getting on the Metro at 4am Tuesday morning. We are planning on watching it from the Lincoln Memorial, they will have Jumbo-Tron screens set up for the non-ticket holding rabble all over the National Mall. I am wearing Longjohns, 2 pair of wool socks,polarfleece shirt, thick sweatpants,my Wisconsin parka, hat, scarf, face shield, and 2 pairs of gloves. It is supposed to be below freezing temps and windy so I am hauling all the Wisconsin winter gear out. I figure I can always take it off, but if I leave it at home I may be very sorry. I have hand warmers as well, hand sanitizer, wipes for the bathroom, cough drops, cereal bars, and a radio. Why the radio? If I can't hear the inauguration from the sound system I can listen live on NPR. Kleenex is a must and the cough drops are for keeping my mouth wet since I am planning on not drinking anything all day so I don't have to pee in one of those God-Forsaken Port-o-Potties! I am sure at some point I will have to but I am trying to minimize trips. It will be a day to remember on many levels!

1 comment:

Ms. Leigh said...

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear all about it from someone I know! So Amazing!