Thursday, January 8, 2009

Growing up...


My little boy is getting big. And opinionated. And stubborn. Like me. Ugh. He has so many of the same traits that I value and resent in myself at the same time. I love that I am determined, and I love that he is too, until I have to take away the phone. Or make him to stop hitting the TV with a block. He screams, he flails his limbs, he arches his back, and he strikes out. Already. I realized that the old adage of "What comes around goes around" is true. I am now on the receiving end of all the "Challenges" I gave my mother. I see the passion and zest for life that courses through my veins in his. I hope that I have the ability to harness and mold this little firecracker into a productive member of society....

1 comment:

Little Blessings said...

I thought I would never get Zane to be a productive member of society and now he is quite the pleasant little boy whose manners I actually get complemented on. A miracle to me for sure! I am sure you will have just as much success!