Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not Sure What to Think...

Sorry it's been so long without an update. Things have been crazy around here. I am now officially on bedrest, only being allowed to get up for meals, appointments and bathing. It stinks. Jason and I are trying to work this out the best we can, and I have had some help from a friend, thank goodness! William is trying his best to behave, but Friday was really rough and I am not quite sure how I am going to make it for the next few weeks. Molly is coming a week early, thankfully and at this point I am not sure what will happen next. I seem to have developed mild pre-eclampsia. My platelets are low, my blood pressure keeps going up, I am putting on pounds of fluid in days, and I basically feel terrible. I spent 4 hours in the hospital today getting new labs and another ultrasound. Thursday, I really thought they were going to take Charlie, and I was so scared, because he was only 36 weeks, and the lungs are kinda ready at that point, but not completely. My biggest fear is not having my baby go home with me again and having Charlie in the NICU like William was. I am just very thankful at this point that we can just wait and see and with careful living on my part, and careful monitoring of Charlie, he and I will both make it through this safely. I am also very grateful for good insurance!

3 comments:

Little Blessings said...

I will just have to start praying that your body kicks into gear naturally very, VERY soon! Because little man needs to make his appearance.

Teresa Leigh said...

I am curious how this affects your birth plan and a vbac. What will cause an induction? And do they think you will go into labor before hand? I am not at all in the know about bed rest and other things of that nature.

Kelly said...

I can't be induced at all. If everything keeps going well on bedrest(BP stays down, labs don't get worse) then I will be allowed to just wait for labor to start. Otherwise it will be a reapeat c-section and the VBAC is null and void. The risk of uterine rupture is very high with induction, so the Midwives, Dr's and myself are all against trying it. I am hoping I will go into labor on my own. I was already 50% and 1-2cm dilated at my 36 week mark...we'll see!