Friday, May 22, 2009

This Week...









Will and I have been busy having lots of fun this week. Despite my sprained ankle, I have been getting out and honestly I think it has done a lot to improve my mood. Baby gym was short but sweet this week, Will saw his bottle in the diaper bag and decided he wanted it enough to leave early. We joined in on a neighborhood story time at a local kids store, and it was really fun, but there were only 2 moms there, everyone else was a nanny. We also went to Target, the Consignment store, the toy store, and at least one park trip a day. I have to work all 3 days of this long weekend, which is going to stink with my bad ankle. Will has 2 new teeth that have broken through, a canine on the top and a molar on the bottom. He is also adding to his vocabulary rapidly. Recent additions are hippo, mop, bubble, choo-choo train and turtle. He has perfected Kitty and says it really often. He is still saying "Sh*t" but we just say " Sheep? Yes, sheep say Baa!" but quite honestly since he says it when he drops something or falls, I don't think we are fooling him.

2 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

I can't stop laughing about the swear word and sheep. Very funny. I know we are in for it. Travis used to rarely swear, but the more around me the more he swears and after a night of work I think his only vocab is swear words... It will be interesting.

How strange to be around a bunch of nanny's!

Kelly said...

It is a sorry sight to see him drop something behind the couch and say with emphasis "Shit!" It is making us be much better though about watching our vocab around him. He said it for Molly on the phone one day and she thought it was the cutest thing ever. It is pretty cute! The nanny thing is weird. I used to be one, so I have nothing against them, but I am hoping to find other mom's to make friends with. Plus almost all the nannies speak little english, or engrish.