Saturday, November 8, 2008

A sad day...

Today I had to assist with a lady who was having a miscarriage and was actively passing the "products of conception". I had to put this small little lump in a container of preservative and send it off for biopsy. Though it wasn't recognizable as anything baby like, it was sad to know one had started and just didn't make it. I have such a hard time seeing the women who are miscarrying. They are so sad and I ache for them. This was the first time I actually had to help remove the tissue though and it was even more emotional for me. I am very glad that instead of miscarrying over and over I just failed to concieve. I feel very lucky that I didn't have to go through the pain of getting pregnant and then losing it time and time again. I sort of admire the women who can try over and over, but I also wonder when they will call it quits. When do you say, "Enough is enough, lets decide another path."? That's all the sad stuff for one night.

1 comment:

Little Blessings said...

I can't even imagine. I have had several friends who have miscarried later into their pregnancies 912 weeks and 14 weeks) and they did it at home. I can't even imagine the pain physical and emotional. I sincerely hope I will be spared that type of experience. I don't know if my heart could take it!