Friday, March 25, 2011

Sleeping Beauty...

William has not napped for almost a year now. Sure he drops off occasionally in the car, but even that is really rare. All of a sudden, the last 3 days he has napped. The only problem is that he is falling asleep at 4pm, and sleeping for about 1 and a 1/2 hours. This is REALLY messing up bedtime. Last night he didn't fall asleep till 10:30! I can't figure out if he is growing, or still recovering from his virus, or what. I am loving having a little quiet time again, but I would enjoy sticking with our old bedtime of 8pm. I guess I will have to find a solution if it continues.
As for baby, I am feeling that nesting urge something awful! I want to get all my loose ends tied up and hunker down to welcome this little boy. I met with my midwife yesterday and she gave me all sorts of homework for the next 6 weeks. I am feeling very confident about the VBAC and I am feeling more and more ready to be a mom of 2 little boys. I have all his little clothes washed and ready and his little bed made and ready to go. I realized though that this is certainly not going to be the same as it was the first time around. I brought home this lovely cream colored bouncer, took off the cover and washed it, then lovingly put it all back together. About 2 minutes later, after William came over to check it out, it was covered with Goldfish Cracker dust. Do I take it apart again and redo all that? Nah. I just chalked it up to the way it will be for baby number 2. Poor Charlie....

No comments: