Wednesday, February 20, 2008

37 weeks and progressing

We are slowly making our way toward the end. I was 1cm, 50% effaced, and -3 station today. They had me go ahead a schedual the induction for March 3rd today, in case I make it that far. I was going to stop working this week, but it doesn't look like that will work out. We had a new girl come to train and she proceeded to tell me that she had a better offer and she didn't think she was going to stay. I was very annoyed and shocked that anyone would go ahead and show up for the 1st day of training if they didn't intend to stay. She had a major attitude as well, so I am very glad she will not be back. However this means that Rachel will be all alone until we get a replacement, so I think I will try and continue till I just can't anymore. I will play it by ear. The office gave me a lovely baby shower on tuesday, I got many cute things for Sprout. This kid has enough gear for at least twins. One mom brought in a Moses Basket this week and another brought in the Rainforest Mobile. I realized that I may not have enough disposables for the first few days though. I had a pack of 40 and I was feeling like that was enough for a couple weeks then all of a sudden, it hit me. That's like 4 DAYS!!!! If they eat every 2 hours and poop after each feeding, that's 10-12 diapers a day. So, I think I will being needing to get a few more packs. The reality is finally hitting home.

2 comments:

Little Blessings said...

Congrads on progress! I think it is awesome that you are getting an induction date. You at least have an end date in mind then. I think the hardest part of the end of pregnancy is not knowing WHEN! Lots of disposables are necessary too. The first few weeks are such a wave of eating/pooping/sleeping. It will go quick!

Unknown said...

Haha you are so funny 40 diapers for a few WEEKS!!! It must feel great to know that the end is in sight!
Bridget