Saturday, February 9, 2008

36 weeks down, 4 to go......

We are still holding steady till the big day. I made it through work for the rest of the week, including working today (Saturday). Jason picked me up and then we went to the mall and exchanged some very sweet, but very small gifts we recieved from Baby Gap. I replaced them with larger sized rompers for summer. It gets VERY hot here, so I feel I will need a lot of them. We also went to Old Navy since they were having a 40percent off sale on all the baby stuff so I got two cute monkey related outfits. We also had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, which gave me oodles of heartburn, but was very yummy. Lastly, we stopped at a quality toy store to find the baby a special stuffed animal from us. As some of you may know Jason has a thing about teddy bears, or typical stuffed animals. He wanted something unusual, so we settled finally on a frog that wasn't too big and seemed very washable. I was able to talk him out of a great horned owl and a raccoon. He also found a musk ox to add to the growing collection of schleich animals that we have accumulated. We went home directly after that since I was having contractions very frequently and was becoming very uncomfortable. They have since stopped......Damn. Tomorrow is Jason's cousin Solon's birthday so we will be heading to Virginia for that. I will update on wednesday after the next OB appt, and let you know if there is anymore progress.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are doing great! Too bad about the contractions:( This last little while always seemed like the longest and hardest part of waiting! Say Happy Birthday to Solon from us. Take care,
Bridget

Little Blessings said...

Hooray for lots of contractions! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Sprout. Hopefully you will have made progress at your next appointment. It will make all those warm up contractions almost seem worth it!

Anonymous said...

But I like raccoons...