Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gearing Up...

Preparing for baby number two is SO different than baby number one. I never thought about it until recently. Before William came home I felt like I had to have everything here I could possibly need until he was 2 years old. Now, I don't even have a crib, and yet I am in no rush to get one. I was looking over the clothes I saved from William and realized that I don't really need anything in newborn size at all. They outgrow that size so fast that 6 sleepers and some onesies should do it. I will get a few new things just so I don't feel like the baby is wearing all hand me downs though. That just seems unfair. And un-fun.
There are so many things I feel less stressed about this time. I will be happy if the breastfeeding goes smoother this time, but I won't cry if it doesn't. Since I am having a boy, I will still dread the circumcision, but at least I am prepared to take care of it afterward. I feel very prepared for what lies ahead this time, and there are parts I am dreading, but I am very happy to be experiencing it all again. I am very thankful I was given the chance...

1 comment:

Little Blessings said...

=) So true. And even if you switch it to a girl "next time" (crossing fingers!) the answer will be the same. Just more emphasis on the clothing!