Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Town So Nice They Named It Twice!

On the way up to Boston, we stayed with some friends outside of New York City. We decided to go in to the city for my 31st birthday!
William and I waiting for the train...


William didn't appreciate the fossils just yet...



Amazing iron work on the "Dakota", this is where John Lennon was shot.
Judy Garland and Paul Simon also lived there...


The long oval benches, near Tavern on the Green...

Here's one for you Molly! Robbie Burns!

William passed out about 5 minutes before we got to the carousel...

So, I rode it for him!

Carniege Hall
Cartier all decorated for Christmas! Those were all tiny, little, individual lights!

The Chrysler Building...
We had a great time. First up was the Natural History Museum, it was very interesting, but very busy. They did have an amazing life sized blue whale, the largest mammal that has ever existed! William really liked the sea animals. We stopped for lunch at an Indian restaurant not far from the museum, and then headed in to Central Park. We walked through the park, and I was reminded again how lovely it is. We made our way to the Nation's longest running Carousel, and Will fell asleep on the way. I rode one of the horses though! The only thing I found very strange about this particular Carousel was the music it played. One of the songs was "Sing, Sing a Song" from Sesame Street, which made sense, but the next one was the theme from "Welcome Back Kotter"! So weird! After that, we decided to go down to 5th Ave so I could see American Girl Place, something I have wanted to do for a long time! I was super excited to see it. We made our way to it, and it was PACKED! There were little girls and moms everywhere! It probably wasn't the smartest day to go! The place was amazing though. A whole floor was devoted to each type of doll, one for the Today dolls, one for the Historical Dolls, and one for Bitty Baby, as well as one for the theater and restaurant. I bought 2 dresses for my Felicity doll that I had been wanting for a long time, but I could have spent about 20,000 bucks in there! After that we walked to Union Station and went back to our friends house to drive to Boston! A wild, but wonderful birthday!


1 comment:

Little Blessings said...

So jealous! I hope to some day take my little ladies to one of their stores. It will be so fun!