Sunday, November 29, 2009

Boston- Day One...

Commonwealth is one of the nicest streets in the city, it has a long green space all the way down it, leading to the Commons...
Classic Brownstones...

George Washington, at the entrance to the Public Gardens...


William, telling me that it's a horse...
William running down the path to the footbridge...

William trying to figure out how to bypass the railing!

William is very fond of benches...

We found the Ducklings!!!

Petting the ducklings...

Tasting the ducklings...(Yikes!)

Rubbing the spit into the ducklings head...
Taking the Mama Duck for a ride!
After walking a long way, William once again shows that he is done.
Some of you will remember his previous display at the Pumpkin Patch!
The duck pond at the Public Gardens.

William was very intrigued by the Tortoise and the Hare sculptures !
These were in another green space on the way back to the hotel.

William and I did quite a bit of exploring today. We were still pretty tired from yesterday, so I didn't want to do to much, but we did make it down to the Boston Common. It was lovely, and I am sure it is even better in summer or spring! The weather was very nice today though, so I can't complain. We grabbed muffins for breakfast and headed out. Jason's conference started this morning, so we missed out on seeing him much today, but since that is the reason we are here, I guess I will have to get over it! We met up with him for lunch and dinner though. On the way to the commons I let William walk some, but quickly realized that this was going to be an all day expedition if I let him walk all the way! He loves to stop and pick up every little stick, every rock, and every leaf, so it takes him about 15 minutes to cover one block. We eventually made it to the park. Will really liked it and I think he would have stayed with the ducklings all day! "Make Way for Ducklings" is one of the books we read at our house pretty often so I think he made the connection. I took him to Barnes and Noble this evening for a little while to run around then we met up with Jason and went out for middle eastern food for dinner. I haven't decided what we are going to do tomorrow yet....I may take him to the Children's Museum or the Aquarium....we shall see.
















No comments: