Monday, April 21, 2014

Big Boy Bed...

The boys "helping" Daddy put together the bed...

Charlie climbs in for a test bounce...

The morning after...
Charlie was looking long in the crib.  It was getting hard to read stories in the rocker with those long legs of his.  It was time to change to the big boy bed.  I had found a bed at the Salvation Army for him months ago, but as it got closer to the time to make the change we realized that it had no bed rail as opposed to William's bed which has double rails.  We convinced William to let Charlie use his bed and then we got a new mattress and box spring.  Charlie has a new train bedding set coming from England this summer with Grandma, so I found some Thomas bedding at Goodwill and he already had some pillows that were Thomas, so he was happy.  He didn't sleep in it the first night, but by the second night he was willing to try it.  He looked so little in this huge bed!  He snuggled right down and went to sleep, and didn't try to come out or even call for us.  The next morning he was all smiles and since then hasn't mentioned the crib.  We took it down and I am trying to find a new home for it.  I was sad to see it be taken down for the last time.  I remember so well fixing up the crib with each baby, and knowing that I will not do that again is just so sad.  I asked Charlie last night if he would be my baby forever and he said yes, so I guess it will be ok.  As long as he can still fit on my lap when he's 40!

No comments: