Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Carving and Nature Fun...

William was carving VERY CAREFULLY...or so he kept telling me....
This is the picture Will took of his finished product...

Quite pleased with himself...
The Pumpkin at night looking "Spooky"...

Will at the Nature Center, enjoying some fruit snacks...
The Salamander...

My Little FFA Member...


Yesterday William and I carved his pumpkin. He wanted NO PART of the seeds or gut scraping. In fact, when I touched his hand with my slimy one to show him how it felt, he flipped out! He did enjoy helping me saw the face out. I asked him if he wanted a scary pumpkin or a happy pumpkin and he said "scary" and when I asked him what shape the nose should be, he requested the letter C. So funny! He isn't crazy about lighting it up though, he says it's too spooky. He seems all ready for trick or treating, but we will see how he does when the time comes. Today I really wanted to get out of the house before it starts to rain, we are supposed to have terrible storms over the next few days. So, we took off for the nature center at Brookside Gardens. William loves it there because they have a real hive of bees. We also took a walk in the woods, and had a great time turning over stumps. I found a earthworm that I swear was as big as a small snake! We also found 2 salamanders, so that was exciting for William and I. I had never held one before. We saw a puppet show at the center, and Will did surprisingly well during it. I feared that he wouldn't sit for it, but once the lights went down and curtains opened, he was fascinated! We have a big weekend coming up. Friday is a big Halloween party in the Kentlands, where we will get to see Justin Roberts, who is a kids singer that William and I both really like, and then Saturday is our Rally to Restore Sanity down at the Capitol. It should be a lot of fun!

No comments: