Friday, August 6, 2010

Feelin' Hot,Hot,Hot!!

Poor William. He developed a bad fever on Wednesday night all of a sudden. We were at Lowes and I literally saw him get sicker and sicker in minutes! I stopped at the grocery store and bought a thermometer and Tylenol and his temp was 103.7! We took him home and stripped him down, and soon he was feeling better and his temp was down. Since then it has been up as high as 105, and it seems to go lower during the day, but then spikes around 5pm, and during the night. He woke us up at 6:30 this morning with 105.1 and acting strange. I was really afraid he was going to have a seizure. I think we may have to wake him up at night to give him medicine if it keeps getting so high...I hate to do it, but we may have no choice. We'll see how much moving we actually get done this weekend...

3 comments:

Little Blessings said...

Poor baby. Did the doctor have any ideas? Or is it something that is going around?

Kelly said...

It seems to be a virus. Have your kids ever gotten the kind where the fever gets higher at night? I know it's not unheard of. I am trying to figure out the best plan for the meds to give him and us the most sleep possible....I think I will do Ibuprofen at 9pm, and then it will last till 6am hopefully.

Little Blessings said...

My kids often have high fevers in the afternoon/evening. I just usually dose them and do it again at night if I have to. Poor baby.