Thursday, February 4, 2010

Big Boy Bed Complete!









I finally found some cute bedding for William that I really liked and I felt like he could grow with. I think the monkey/jungle motif also matches his bed nicely. I think I may spray paint something with a stencil on the end of the bed like "This End Up- Live Animal!" I thought it might be funny, especially since this bed has a rustic, boxy look. William is fascinated with the new bedding, and wanted to sleep on it today at nap, to which I eagerly agreed. I went in to check on him about an hour later and he was fast asleep in his crib wearing his rubber frog boots, so I guess it will take time for him to transition. He is 23 months old tomorrow! It makes me kinda sad to see my little baby turning into a big boy. He is speaking more and more full sentences now, for example he said "Where is Richard?" We replied, "I don't know, Where is Richard?" Will said "Richard is in England!" So funny. He sings constantly, he loves Sesame Street songs, especially "C is for Cookie" and "Sunny Day". His absolute favorite thing right now is trucks, any and all of them! He knows most of them by name, Semi-truck, Dump Truck, Front End Loader, Cement Mixer, Bull Dozer, etc. He has memorized quite a few books and goes around randomly reciting them. He loves one called "Bark George" and he will randomly say "NOOOO George!" at various times throughout the day. He finally learned to drink from a straw and much to my dismay, actually ate some steak tonight! Who knew he had the molars for that!? He has become much more affectionate, and will not only kiss and hug us, but kisses and hugs all his stuffed animals and his rocking puppy. His "pretend" button has switched to full power and he makes cows drive tractors and sheep play the piano while making the sounds for the machinery. It is amazing to see his change and develop all these new skills! Jason and I are really enjoying this time with him, he is so charming most of the time right now, and it makes it really hard to discipline him at all!

5 comments:

Little Blessings said...

Such a cute bed set! COnsignment? Or did you pay the big bucks?

Kelly said...

Ebay! I found it moments after the lady put it on and I asked her for a "buy it now price". I paid 75 bucks for the sheets,quilt,pillow sham,throw pillows,and a matching lamp that I forgot to take a picture of! Pretty great deal! You can't buy a real cotton quilt for 75 bucks!

Simmons Family said...

Nice find! I had wanted to get that set for Connor but like you said, you can't buy a nice quilt for 75 bucks! I love the stage that he is at right now! Give him a hug from all of us!

Simmons Family said...

Hey, I just noticed that Connor has the same pj's as Will's wearing!

Kelly said...

That's so funny! If they still fit when we come to visit next I will bring them and the boys can have a matching picture together!