Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekend Update...

I haven't been able to write much recently. On my trip to Washington I drove over 1000 miles in 2 weeks, and with all that steering wheel gripping my carpal tunnel has been back in full force. I have had 2 acupuncture treatments so far and they have helped a lot, but my fingers are still numb 90 percent of the time. Will recovered wonderfully from his schedule upset. It only took him about 18 hours and he was back on track. I love that... He is really exploding in his language right now. He is making more and more word combinations and counting to 20 with about 60 percent accuracy. He is doing much more imaginative play now, he loves to cook us food on his little kitchen and feed us soup and milk. So cute! He is getting more and more daring as well! He tries to climb anything at the playground and scares me to death! The other thing I have noticed is that he is insisting on being a big boy more and more now. He wants nothing to do with booster seats, car seats and bibs. He still loves his bottles though! Our main concern right now is getting the H1N1 vaccine. Jason and I can both get it at work, but the county is almost out of it, and so is his Dr. I am panicked! This area is seeing a lot of cases of it, and just the other day a 14 year old healthy girl died of it. So scary. I wish I had gotten him one in Washington while I was there. At this point I would be willing to pay just about anything for a vaccine for him.... I just hope more becomes available soon. Until it does I am basically keeping him close to home and away from crowds for the most part. He is so precious to us after such a struggle to get him, I can't imagine losing him. And yes, the chances are small, but tell that to the 100 parents who have already lost their kids to it this season....

2 comments:

Molly Bettie said...

jeez, you're such a downer! Pudd's going to be fine!

Kelly said...

Unless you bring him some of those damn limey germs again!