Monday, October 26, 2009

Overdose!

I found a clinic that had the H1N1 vaccine in stock so I made appointments for William and I and took him over there this morning. I got mine and then they poked him. I was busy comforting my poor little baby and I asked when he needed to come again for the second one. The assistant said she would go check, I then heard her out in the hall talking to the nurse. The nurse asked her if she gave him 0.25ml or 0.5 ml, to which she answered 0.5ml. I immediately knew she had overdosed my kid! Yikes! I was very upset. When I got to the car I called Will's pediatrician and she said it would be ok, and that he won't need an extra shot in a month. She also said to watch him for the next 2 days because he may have a fever. Poor guy!

3 comments:

Auntie Julie said...

Good Grief! So who's going to tell the next mom that their kid can't get the shot because they ran out?

Kelly said...

Well, he would have needed 2 anyway so he just got them in one shot....

Little Blessings said...

That is crazy! I was talking to my mom today and she said she thinks Eric and I had the H1N1 flu when we were sick a couple of weeks ago. We both had horrible body aches, fever and stuffy noses which are supposed to be some of the symptoms. Glad to know that we survived it :)