Thursday, September 3, 2009

You Can Never Have Enough Pudd...






Will was playing on the balcony/beach today for a long time. He is getting more and more into actually playing with the sand rather than simply eating it. He is also becoming very interested in his tricycle, but he is a LONG way from actually being able to peddle it. He was extremely crabby and tired this evening and was throwing fits like crazy. We had a 25 minute smack down over putting away the last 4 pieces of train track. I won though in the end and he put it away, and he quickly forgave me for the struggle and snuggled in to watch some beloved "Emo" (Elmo).

4 comments:

Ms. Leigh said...

I must know how you keep your cool, I find that I stop talking to Booker and just try and get through the tantrum. I don't like trying to talk over his screaming. It seems it is all I can do to keep it under control too. Just going through the actions.

Kelly said...

I ignore a lot. I don't speak to him, other than "once you stop screaming I will help you" Once he starts screaming the world just stops until he does. I will walk away to the kitchen so there is a baby gate between him and me. In the case today, he wouldn't pick up the rest of his trains and yet was banging the doors of the armoire wanting to watch a movie, screaming his head off! So I literally took his little hand in mine and picked up each piece with him and placed them in the bin. Then I happily clapped and said good job! Now we can watch Elmo! Whoopee! I have a really bad temper when it hits a certain level, and I never want to hurt him physically, so I just never let myself get to that point. I enter a zen zone and wait it out. He can't scream forever....supposedly.

Little Blessings said...

Kelly- I am totally with you. It reaches a certain level with me and then I am done. I think my eyes actually cross until the screaming stops. Kinda like getting through labor....

Kelly said...

I use the same technique to get through Costco!