Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Little GERDling...

Charlie is working hard on his tool bench...
I went to Children's to pick up some formula from the drug rep for Abbott, and I met this Mom who has a son who is very similar to Charlie.  We started talking about medications and she said that her son was on the same medicine the Dr had wanted us to start, but we hadn't started yet.  We have been afraid to start the medication because of side effects, but she said that it has been a wonder drug for them.  I decided to try it and already we are seeing a huge difference. Typically, Charlie hasn't been able to drink more than a few ounces at a time and often by 5pm he will have only had 10 ounces or so.  Not good.  This medicine is supposed to speed up his gastric motility.  Today he has had 5 ounces every 3 hours all day!  This is huge! He really seems hungry!  I really, really hope that this continues and it helps my little boy feel better. 

No comments: